Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Sunday Salon-May 24th



This past week I had some problems with blogger and I wasn't able to get into my blog. I had to delete my followers widget to get it to work. I posted about it here and you can read some of the comments. I still have my followers through blogger but I don't have the gadget visible on my blog anymore. I've realized that it is mainly for show and I know that most of my followers follow my blog through google reader. I also had problems viewing some blogs as there were Internet Explorer issues as well. So, if I didn't visit and comment on your blogs as much this week that is why...I tried but it wasn't working. It appears that the problems have been fixed and hopefully things will stay calm in blogger land!

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Reviews:






I reviewed Reunion by Therese Fowler, which is a nice summer read, you can read the review here.














I also reviewed The Rest of Your Life by Laura Moriarty and met with my book club to discuss this wonderful novel, read my review here.












Currently Reading:






Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson



I've just started reading this and I can tell that I will be swept away with Ms. Anderson's writing style. I've read several reviews praising this book and I have been drawn to read it. I also want to expand my reading into more YA fiction and this was the perfect one to start with.









~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awards:







I received the "You Don't Say" award -- with the most adorable Panda Bear button! This award acknowledges those who frequently comment on the others' blogs. Molly from The Cozy Book Nook honored me with this fabulous award. As bloggers, we all appreciate comments. Thanks Molly! Please make sure to stop by and visit Molly's blog if you haven't already. She reads a variety of books and posts fabulous and well thought out reviews. Her blog is one of my favorites to visit.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award!

    I just couldn't get into WINTERGIRLS. Of course I've heard all the good things about it, but it just wasn't for me. Fortunately, I've got a gaggle of teenaged nieces, so I passed it on. Hope you have a better time with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had trouble with many of the blogger sites this week. One of them made my Internet Explorer completely go haywire. Another site kept saying it was down. Two sites kept booting me out whenever I tried to comment... just type. And, the RSS Feeds for my blogger blogs that I like are slowing up my email on Outlook. Only the Blogger blogs. I wonder what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with my computer: I simply cannot live without it, but when glitches occur I want to throw it out the window! I am so sorry you had to experience a technically frustrating week.

    Wintergirls is on my list of definitely MUST read books for the summer!

    Thanks also for the very kind shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the blogger problems. The books sound so good. I have wanted to read Wintergirls for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you you got your problems resolved. Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everything's all fixed now. Wintergirls definitely sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about all those crazy blogger issues!! They can be maddening when you want to do something. Yeah! on the award!!! You picked one of the best authors ever to get started on YA and this one is riveting!!! Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of people had that "follower" widget problem. A bit of a pain but at least you are up and running now.

    I had no interest in Wintergirls but after all the reviews, I'm thinking about picking it up.

    Hope you are enjoying the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to read The Reunion! Now I'm off reading your reviews =)

    Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're having a great week so far! And I definitely hope your blogger woes go away. I haven't had many problems lately, but it sure is a pain when the problems pop up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!