Saturday, May 9, 2009

Review: iCarly DVD Season 1, Volume 2




"You asked for more, so you're getting more-more Season1 of iCarly! Join Carly, Sam and Freddie as they deal with all the craziness of school, growing up, and crankin' out the best web show out there, iCarly.com!"


Season 1: Volume 2 of iCarly includes 2 discs which have 12 full episodes and cool special features that include Behind the scenes extras and Behind the Slime with the cast of iCarly and more.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


iCarly is a popular kids show on Nickelodeon and my son who is 10 loves to watch it and I have to admit that I enjoy watching it also. The shows are always funny and family friendly with good story lines and there is usually a simple and valuable life lesson woven into the plot. I think that the chemistry between the actors is great and like the friendship and interactions between Carly, Sam and Freddie who tape and air a fun web show for kids. Spencer, is Carly's older brother who she lives with and he is another funny guy who is an artist and is always making some type of sculpture out of strange and unusual things. He's a bit strange and unusual himself but, oh so funny! Carly is played by Miranda Cosgrove who was on the show Drake & Josh, which aired on Nickelodeon. As a parent, I like that this is a family friendly show and one that my son can watch for his age. It's the kind of show that the whole family can enjoy watching together.

My son's thoughts on iCarly: "It's one of my favorite shows on Nickelodeon. It's funny and I like the funny videos that they show. I like Spencer's art sculptures. I wish that they would show Freddie's dad, Spencer & Carly's mom and dad and Sam's parents. "(That's all that I could get out of my son who didn't want to say too much at the moment...what can I say, he's 10)

You can find more information about iCarly at the show's website, iCarly.com. You can purchase iCarly, Season 1, Volume 2 on amazon.


Thanks to Family Review Network for sending me this DVD for review.





4 comments:

  1. My 6 and 4 year olds love iCarly. It's almost a daily staple after dinner. My husband and I enjoy the show, too. Spencer cracks me up. Some of the things he says and how he says them make me laugh just by thinking about them. The episode where Spencer dates Carly's history teacher is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to have kids around that give you an excuse to watch kids tv? I still sneak in and watch "The Little Einsteins" if no one is around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm out of this loop, for sure, Bonnie. Glad your son enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed watching this girl on Drake and Josh. she's adorable and now that my boys are older I don't watch as much Nick or Disney. I'm glad that there's is programming out there that's family oriented and innocent!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!