Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My New Header Picture: Montmartre in Paris, France

I've gotten such nice complements on my new header picture and wanted to share the background on this picture. My new Header Picture was taken in 1996 when my husband and I went on a trip to Europe and visited family in Germany and Paris, France. We took a bus from Mainz, Germany and went to Paris with my cousin Sabine and her husband Brian. We took this picture while walking along a street in Montmartre. This is such a lovely city with beautiful architecture and lovely shops and restaurants. I enjoyed walking the streets and taking in the culture and beauty of this city.

Montmartre is referred to as a hill in the north of Paris, France. Montmartre was a little village on the outskirts of the city of Paris until it was discovered by artists in the nineteenth century. Many famous painters lived and worked here, Van Gogh, Lautrec, Seurat, Monet etc

This was truly a trip of a lifetime and I have fond memories of this special time.


More information about Montmarte can be found here.

12 comments:

  1. Bonnie, Montmartre was my DD's favorite part of her trip to Paris. She still talks about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been admiring your header picture!! What an amazing trip and your photos are great. One day I would love to visit Germany, France, Spain, Italy, England, Scotland, and Ireland!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see this in person some day. In the meanwhile it is so nice that you have shared your experience. Great photos.. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris later this year and I still can't believe we're going. I don't think I'll believe it until we have the tickets in hand. It's a business trip for him and the people he's meeting with are taking forever to set a date, and that makes me nervous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, thanks for sharing. What wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! That's all i can say but I'll say it again

    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - thanks for the story behind the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. and here I thought it was the Redlady's Reading Room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree - it was nice to read the story behind the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bonnie,

    I also have many fond memories of our trip with you and dh to Paris. We had such a great time there and plan to return there with our daughter in the Fall.
    Love, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't you have a blast walking up those steps? lol! It was worth it though, the church is beautiful. I doubt husband and I will ever get back to Paris, so glad we were able to go once though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!