Friday, May 29, 2009

Amish Love




What’s all the hubbub about Amish fiction? Major media outlets like Time and ABC Nightline are covering it, and authors like Cindy Woodsmall are making the New York Times bestseller list regularly. What makes these books so interesting?

Check out the recent ABC Nightline piece here (http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=7676659&page=1) about Cindy and her titles When the Heart Cries, When the Morning Comes, and When the Soul Mends. It’s an intriguing look at Amish culture and the time Cindy has spent with Amish friends.

And don’t forget that Cindy’s new book The Hope of Refuge hits store shelves August 11, and is available for preorder now.


Information from: WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group

My thoughts: I haven't read Cindy Woodsmall's books but plan to add them to my wish list! If you've read Ms. Woodsmall's books ,I'd love to hear your thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed her first series. I look forward to seeing what you think of them. I'm definitely going to check into the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read her either but I am attracted to Amish books because I at time am very jealous of their simple life style. I always finish feeling better about life in general. This series sounds pretty interesting...I'm going to have to investigate them!! Thanks Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these somewhere just the other day and they grabbed my attention because I'm interested in Amish fiction/non-fiction as well. I look forward to your reviews, when you get to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be willing to give em a shot..matter of fact I might make it a point to. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!