Monday, June 15, 2009

Guest Post: Rachel Renee Russell Author of Dork Diaries





I want to welcome Rachel Renee Russell, author of Dork Diaries: Tales from a NOT-SO Fabulous Life who has a very special guest post from the main character Nikki Maxwell and an original sketch to share with us today.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello everyone. My name is Nikki Maxwell and I'm 14 years old. I stopped by today because Bonnie invited me to be the guest blogger here at Red Lady's Reading Room. She's also going to be reviewing my hilarious memoir, DORK DIAIRIES: TALES FROM A NOT-SO-FABULOUS LIFE. You would never believe all of the crazy stuff that happens to me and it's all true. Middle school can be very traumatizing, that's for sure!

I always enjoy reading Bonnie's wonderful book reviews and they come in handy when I have to write book reports for school ;-). However, one of my favorite things here is the photograph of that intriguing window with the beautiful red flowers. Have you ever wondered what it would like to lean out of that window and smell those flowers? Well, this morning, I got to do just that. Lucky me :-)! I hope your day is as nice as mine.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I am very honored and impressed that Rachel incorporated my blog into the character of Nikki Maxwell. This gives you an idea of how wonderful Rachel's artwork is and Dork Diaries is full of unique artwork like this. Thanks so much to Rachel for sharing this with us today.





Here's a description of Dork Diaries:

This hilarious novel follows eighth-grader Nikki Maxwell as she chronicles through text and sketches her thoughts on friendships, crushes, popularity, and family. Illustrations.






Please stop back tomorrow for my review and a very special giveaway that includes a copy of Dork Diaries and a unique purse filled with goodies related to the book.



9 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I love how she incorporated your head image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just awesome! Can you get a copy of the drawing to frame?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my friend! It's been awhile since I looked in here and I like what I see. What a great place to visit. Rachel and Nikki both sound like wonderful people and how cool that they stopped in to visit and "smell the roses!" The Dork book sounds terrific. I'm going to get a copy for my neice's birthday this summer. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is that? I ordered this book for my middle school library..can't wait to read it myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie!! It is so awesome to have Rachel Russell visiting your blog and posting that great piece of artwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a wonderful site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have a wonderful site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. mayo international school fees structureNow my task has become as easy as ABC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!