Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Sunday Salon: May 10th: Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day! I was actually born on Mother's Day but my birthday does not always fall on a Mother's Day. This year it does not but it's coming up this week. It's always fun to celebrate both days together. Sadly, my mother lives out of state so I rarely get to spend Mother's day with her anymore. I became a mother in my mid thirties to my son who is now 10. It's been an amazing experience, wonderful blessings but it has also included many challenges and hard work as well.

The Love of a Mother
Anonymous
A Mother's love is something
that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain


It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away

It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking


It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems

It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation


A many splendor miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.



9 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday a little early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! What a wonderful gift it must have been for your mother to have you on Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day Bonnie! I didn't know your birthday was coming up this week so an early Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day and early Happy Birthday. We actually celebrated my Grandmother's 95th birthday today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I also wasn't able to spend it with my mom because I live too far away.

    Btw, I have a little something for you here.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday! I hope you'll let us know when the special day is so we can send you more wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!