Sunday, December 27, 2009

Review: The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber

The Perfect Christmas was a quick , light read that I read in two hours. I am a fan of Debbie Macomber and this book was no exception. It was perfect to read around the holidays as it was not heavy or involved. Debbie's stories are focused on family, friendships and learning a lesson or two about life and love. That's what The Perfect Christmas shares in it's story.

Cassie, a single woman in her thirties is looking to find the perfect man, the perfect family and the perfect Christmas. Her coworker and friend suggests she make an appointment with Simon a professional matchmaker who is a psychologist and claims to be able to find your "most suitable partner" or his very expensive fee will be returned. Simon who is very business like and difficult asks Cassie to complete three tasks before she meets the man he believes is her perfect mate. She completes these Christmas related tasks with some funny encounters and learning experiences along the way. Cassie is finally ready to meet the man of her dreams and she is surprised whom her perfect man ends up to be in the end.



Disclosure: My reading copy was borrowed from the library.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it, Bonnie. It will be on my list to read next Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds sweet and romantic :-) Fun :-)
    Thanks for your kind words over on my blog the other day- I appreciate it! :-) Happy holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read any of Macomber's books but I just got one last week, and I'm really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Macomber. I just picked up a Christmas book by her at my library sale for 50 cents!! Can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!