Monday, December 6, 2010

Mailbox Monday- December 6th








~Mailbox Monday~
is hosted by Lady Q of Let Them Read Books (December Host)
We share what books that we found 
in our mailboxes last week.


First of all, the picture of the mailbox above is not my actual mailbox although mine looks pretty close to that right now! We're in the midst of a winter blizzard and have at least a foot of snow on the ground and my son had a snow day from school today. It's pretty to look at but not much fun to be out in. I did finish reading a book today, Spinning Forward by Terri Dulong and it was the perfect book to read in front of the fire with a cup of oolong tea by my side. I've mentioned before that I'm trying to be selective about the books that I'm accepting to review as I have so many books to read waiting on my bookshelves. I even weeded out stacks of books from my bookshelf and piles of books and donated a huge stack of books to the library this weekend. Many, I have already passed on to friends. I have so many books that you really can't tell that I purged my books. I was considering getting a Kindle but after talking about it with my husband, I decided that I have to read the 100's of books that I already have on my bookshelf waiting to be read. So, it was a good thing that I had no books delivered to my mailbox last week. I'm cheating a bit here in this Mailbox Monday post as these are the books that I received today in the mail.




Celia and the FairiesThe Dressmaker: A NovelNeedles and Pearls: A Novel





Celia and the Fairies by Karen McQuestion (from the author)

The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evan (From Paperbackswap)

Needles and Pearls by Gil Mcneil (From Paperbackswap)



5 comments:

  1. Whew, I'm glad we're not getting any snow down here. I need some slow weeks in my mailbox too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mailbox is perfect for today! The Dressmaker is on my immediate wishlist. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of the reasons I haven't done a Kindle/Nook either. It hardly makes sense to spend a couple of hundred dollars so that you can spend more money on books you don't need! Everyone was talking about "Reading Deliberately" this year. I sure didn't. Next year, I'm going to be working on my shelves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss your Mailbox??? Beautiful looking covers...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!