Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Sunday Salon




This has been a bit of slow week for posts on my blog as I have been fighting a bad cough and just have not had the energy to post much. I am doing a bit better but still have a nagging cough. I have had a slow reading week as well as I just haven't been able to focus much on reading. I am currently reading Crossed Wires by Rosy Thornton a charming story that I am enjoying very much. The quaintness of the villages and characters as well as reading about life in England has drawn me in. It's the perfect book to read with a cup of tea or coffee by my side. My review will be posted this week.



My son doesn't start school until after Labor day this year so we have some last minute school shopping to do this week. He desperately needs a haircut as at 10 years old he likes the long hair look and I have to call it a "trim" not a haircut! He also needs a new pair of tennis shoes and he is so impatient shopping for them so I don't particularly look forward to that. Hopefully, we'll fit in a few fun things this week and if the weather cooperates, a few more visits to the water park.



I just made a pan of brownies to take to a BBQ even though it's raining outside. The house smells delicious and my husband and son are so tempted to dig in to those brownies. I will have to guard them for later!





I've been remiss in sharing some wonderful awards that were passed on to me:






From Mary at Bookfan I received The Bloody Great Blogger award which is to be given to 5 bloggers who have been supportive and extra special to you in the blogging process. That person who always comments or the one who emails you to let you know about that Freudian slip you missed, the blogger who links to your posts or lifts you up when your blog is down. Thank you bloggers:



I received the Heartfelt Award from Mari at Bookworm with a View. Thank you!!!

Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when your relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and friends? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside.


Giveaway:

The Giveaway for 5 copies of Julie & Julia ends in a few days, on September 2nd so make sure to enter by then. Enter here, or click on the link to the left in the sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. No one is supposed to get sick on the weekend you know? LOL. I sure hope you feel better soon.

    Wow! My kids are going into their 3rd week of school already but I am having a hard time getting my act together as far as the homework routine. It's hard too since The Hub now has to work on the weekend to make up for my forced furlough days. I used to catch-up on the weekend and now, not so much.

    Thanks for sharing the award love! You are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards! And since you've wished me well, I shall do the same to you! FEEL BETTER!!
    I actually had Endometrial Ablation last Tuesday & trying to get back to normal from that, and then boom I had that stomach bug yesterday which did NOT help the situation. Hoping for a better week because I am ready to fall over!
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, I appreciate it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather and I hope feel better soon. I've had trouble focusing on reading for the past month! I've taken a few weeks off and I think I'm getting past it now. Enjoy those brownies...and eat one for me!! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...those brownies look delicious! Congrats on your awards and have fun at your bbq!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the cough goes away soon! I'm totally craving brownies now. It's a good thing my husband baked a cake today or I'd be ransacking the kitchen for snacks. :)

    Congratulations on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, hope you can get rid of the cough soon.
    Wow, you really have me craving brownies!! Enjoy the last week of summer vacation with your son : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're back to your old self soon! I know what it's like to shop with boys - mine is 22 now and he's still the same way. Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for thinking of me. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon. :-) Congrats on your awards- and those brownies look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son is at the same age of mine when he wanted to grow his hair long! We let him do it and as a gift to his 5th grade teacher, the last day of school he showed up with a nice, short haircut!! She loved it! Those brownies look yummy!!! We're getting ready to go back to school too. Thanks so much for passing that award on to me Bonnie!! And congrats on receiving those 2 awards...you're pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since it's almost dinnertime those brownies look good enough to eat right off the screen. Congrats on your awards and I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any brownies left? Yumm. That Bloody Blogger award is so bloody (is that swearing?)cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure, at least I'm sure hoping you are feeling better by now! :)

    Thank you kindly for the award!!! I think you're a "Bloody Great Blogger", too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!