Sunday, August 30, 2009

Review: Twilight Movie


I read the first book Twilight by Stephanie Meyer last year before I started blogging and went on to read the whole series. It was a fun series to read, even as an adult but it was not great literature. I recently watched the Twilight movie on DVD and am trying to put together my thoughts. I have to say that the movie was true to the book including some of the cheesy, teen angst filled lines from Bella. I wasn't thrilled with the casting of Robert Pattinson as Edward as it just didn't connect with the character of Edward from the book for me. Also, the Cullen family didn't connect with what I pictured from the descriptions in the book, except for Alice who was spot on as a character. Jacob, played by Taylor Lautner, was a good match except for the wig and fake hair. The cinematography and visual effects were beautiful and scenery of the Pacific Northwest were excellent. The baseball scene was exactly as I pictured it from the book. So, overall I would have to say that I enjoyed the movie for what it was, entertainment. I like that it is more of a teen based love story and not a horror film considering the vampire theme. I am more of a team Jacob fan so I look forward to the next movie, New Moon.


9 comments:

  1. I have an award for you at:
    http://litandlife.blogspot.com/2009/08/ahh-im-blushing.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the entire series, but I liked Jacob, too. He seemed relaxed and earthy. Robert Pattinson wasn't who I envisioned as Edward either, but I kind of liked him. It might just be my imagination, but I felt like he was trying so hard not to laugh at himself the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed all of the books too and I hope New Moon is better than Twilight. Every time I watch it I feel like a high school girl again!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Twilight, but not enough to continue on with the series. At some point I'd like to see the movie. I would love to see the baseball game on film :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like the casting at first, but I've seen the movie a few times (guilty pleasure) and the actors have grown on me.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the book and the first movie. Can't wait for New Moon to come out. Edward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twilight is a romantic drama with combination of thriller and fantasy and tells the story of a teenage girl who risks everything when she falls in love with a vampire, nice movie . We a group of friends
    download twilight movie
    last weekend, and we really enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First part of twilight series was awesome but the other one is not so impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!