Thursday, March 1, 2012

"The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" Best Animated Short Film Oscar winner



"The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" by William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg was awarded the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film at the Academy Awards this week.  This is beautiful and charming, it's been described as "a magical love letter to books".  I totally agree, you must take the time to watch this short film, it's about 15 minutes in length and it will sweep you away into this wonderful world of books. The story that inspired the animated short film will be made into a picture book. I was mesmerized and loved every minute! Pure Brilliance!







3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. It was great! An interesting take on the magical world of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was so good! I wasn't sure what to think of it in the beginning, but it just got better and better. I loved the book operating room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this...did you see the app that goes with it/??? I almost bought it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!