Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!!





A friend posted this on their Facebook wall today and it spoke to me. I love what it says about the need to enjoy life, read good books, make art and surprise ourselves. I am still searching for an answer on how my blog will flow this year. I decided that some things had to change for me to continue blogging when I found that I wasn't enjoying reading as much due to the pressure I was feeling to write reviews. I actually stopped reading for awhile and knew that things had to change. I love reading and it has been a constant in my life since the first grade. My plans for certain in 2012 are to read whatever I choose and from my shelves as well as the library. I plan to make art in some way as well. I pulled out my book of Mandala art:




I find it relaxing and calming to color the drawings. A few other ideas are to expand my basic knitting skills and explore scrapbooking. It's about balance for me, finding a way to have fun but not feel stressed about what I am involved in. 

Thanks to everyone for sticking with my blog in its ups and downs. I appreciate your friendship and wish you all peace, love, happiness, and the joy of wonderful books in the New Year!



11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had a soft spot for coloring and had a similar book of designs that I used to pull out just for fun (until my son decided it was his to color). :)

    I hope you have a relaxing and fun blogging year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of us have the same goals this year, Bonnie. Wishing improved health and good books in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, I love what you've said here. I think that I totally understand, even the stopping reading part. It's awful to do that isn't it?

    Happy New Year to you and your family! May 2012 be a wonderful time with lots of fun in whatever pursuits you choose to participate in.

    Many bloggers seem to be in the same place with reviews and such. I've rejoined the blogging world today with a new name and a new focus. It's the only way that I can still remain in the loop here with all of you. And I haven't wanted to lose the friendships. So, no formal reviews on my blog. Ever again. Just life. You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, do whatever makes you feel the best and unstressed. You don't need that in your life. I think a lot of seasoned bloggers are feeling the same way- read more for fun and less pressure while cleaning off those shelves.
    Hope all is going well with you and yours. Whatever direction you go in 2012, I hope it renews your spirit and refreshes your soul.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2012 Bonnie! I hope it is a good year for you!! Relieve stress is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you and yours, Bonnie! I wish you a stress-free and joyous 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you are seeking a satisfying and enjoyable balance to your life. There's no reason to spend our time on self-induced stress! I'm sure it'll feel great and bring you much peace when you figure it all out (remember that there's no time limit in pursuing that). I wish I could calm my anxiety about wanting to read so many books. There simply is not enough time in a day and the authors don't stop producing (not that I seriously want them to). Anyway, all the best to you in your 2012 endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that 2012 brings you a very calm and joyful year. I had the same struggles with reading burnout and have stopped with all the challenges and the obligated reading. This actually makes me read less but that's OK.

    Happy new year Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just keep adjusting your blog til it feels good again. I'm going to be trying that this year too!
    See you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!