Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching up!




It's been a bit quiet here on the blog for the past week for many reasons. I was without internet connection for awhile, the stess & busyness of life caught up with me and last but not least....I got into a reading slump.






I've actually been reading, but at a slower pace and I have several reviews to write up. I've read Little Bee by Chris Cleave and had a great discussion with my book club last week. I've also read and can't wait to tell you about Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok. On audiobook, I've listened to The Good Husband of Zebra Drive by Alexander McCall Smith and The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris.


I just needed a break and I will be back to writing book reviews and blog posts before you know it.



7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean because it took me FOREVER to read Black Hills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an epidemic, Bonnie. I've been posting more over the past week, but my reading is slow going. I'd just rather do anything else right now. We'll get our mojo back, though. We always do. Hang in there and know that you're not alone.

    BTW, I love the Ziggy comic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Alexander McCall Smith books on audio. For some reason, this format worked a lot better for me than actually reading them which is pretty unusual for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, every once in a while we all go through this. I had this same kind of thing happen to me not too long ago. Glad you're back-I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya Bonnie! I haven't finished a book in over a month!! For many of the same reasons as you, but mostly just reading slump.

    I just downloaded Little Bee to listen to so I look forward to hearing what you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breaks are good...enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie! Glad it is not just me ;) I have been in a slump since the start of the year.... I finished my second book of the year last week!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!