Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gone Girl ~ Book Talk







About Gone Girl: 

Most likely, you have already heard about Gone Girl or read some buzz about this hit book of the summer. I don't want to spoil the reading experience for you as it really is an experience! Gone Girl can be described as a psychological thriller and it's not my usual genre that I pick up. With the buzz and the bits and pieces that I had heard and read about the story, I knew that I had to read it. What's not to draw you into a novel about a seemingly happily married couple celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary and the lovely wife disappears and suddenly it is obvious that something is very wrong in their marriage...but what is it? The twists and turns that the reader takes through the minds of Amy, the wife, with what she reveals in her diary messages and Nick, her husband, with his twin sister who believes in him but oh my...is he really innocent? This novel is pure manipulation of our minds as readers but it is so engrossing and riveting that you will not want to put the book down!

Recommend: Absolutely! This is the kind of book that makes you love reading. A book that is so engrossing, you don't want to stop reading and for me, I did not figure out the ending which was a bit of a surprise. The ending  leaves some things undone which some readers may not like but it does leave open the possibility for a sequel. Gillian Flynn was on The View this month and I watched a clip online with her interview and she did slightly allude that this was a possibility: 








Source: Public Library, Kindle E-Book Loan



8 comments:

  1. Everyone mentions the ending! Argh, I've got to make the time to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book!!! If she does do a sequel it better not suck like the one I just read which totally ruined the whole love fest I had going with the first book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to reading it, Bonnie. So happy that you recommend it!
    Thanks for posting the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I wanted to read this and immediately added to my list. Then I read something that made me think otherwise. And now I think I'll go ahead and give it a try.

    Happy Sunday, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you already know, I loved this book! BUT, WOW! I loved this clip, too. Thank you so much for sharing it, Bonnie. Staci has me a tad bit concerned about a sequel, but that won't stop me from getting my hands on it ASAP if there is one. I laughed out loud at her comment about leaving the crazy in the basement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sequel? Really? I feel as if that would just be milking it for what it's worth.

    I thought it was entertaining but the plot was so ridiculous. I can't even imagine what the sequel would be like given what we already know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a must read for me. Thanks for the clip. I missed seeing this on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just see "psychological thriller" and think it's probably not for me, so I was surprised to see that you liked it so much. And that makes me think twice about it again. The last time I saw so many people recommend a book it was "Girl with a Dragon Tattoo" and I knew I didn't want to read that one. I'm afraid that's colored my judgment a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!