Sunday, August 12, 2012

Catching up on a Sunday....






Summer is passing quickly and soon it will be back to school time. My son will be in his last year of middle school and I am starting a new job and will be working with preschoolers this school year. It's all good and I am looking forward to a positive change. My goal is to keep up with my blog and make things simpler here and less pressure for myself. As my wise blogger friend Bookfan Mary recently commented... "Take time with the blog. It's your hobby- not your job, right? ;-)" Thanks Mary, your words rang true for me! 


I have been reading and my goal is to blog about the books I've been reading in a mini-review style. I have not been accepting books for review except some Kindle e-galley copies and I plan to write some reviews about these books as well. I have decided not to participate in book tours for now as they are too much pressure for me to stick to deadlines. I also plan to stop and visit my blogger friends blogs. I want to enjoy blogging, for it to be fun and to connect to other readers, bloggers and authors. Truly, the main goal for me is to write about and share my love of reading in a simple and authentic way that is not stressful or full of conflict, pressure and deadlines. I hope that you guys stick around, I am thankful for those who have kept in touch with me.

Some of the books that I've recently read:


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Kindle Ebook from library)



The Postmistress by Sarah Blake (Audio book from library)



Books I am Currently Reading:





Broken Harbor by Tana French (Hardback from Library)



A Turn in the Road by Debbie Macomber (Audio Book from Library)









6 comments:

  1. I just got Gone Girl last week and I cannot wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear about what's been up with you, Bonnie. You've been missed. Like you, I'm still trying to figure out how blogging can still be part of my life. I like my new job, but it's taking a lot of time. The last couple of week's we've watched the Olympics and I haven't had much time to think about posting anything. Ah well. I've gotten around to reading my Google Reader today and have done some commenting.

    I'm really excited about reading GONE GIRL soon and can't wait to read BROKEN HARBOR. I've got Louise Penny's new book, which will be out at the end of this month and I've got to read another one for my mystery group, but after that...LOL.

    Hope your school year begins well and again, nice to hear from you. I'll always be around as long as you want to share something with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished Gone Girl last night. Quite the experience. Review posts later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, been a long time since I've been here, I was just going through some old posts on my blog and saw a review I wrote for you. I realized I have lost touch with a lot of people. So I am reaching out. This is a lovely post. I am glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got both Gone Girl and Broken Harbor that I'm hoping to get to soon. Really like The Postmistress, despite what I felt like were some flaws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you're all healed up and ready to go?!? I start next week with Professional Development/School Improvement meetings then munchkins the following week. The life of leisure is quickly coming to an end. I hope you enjoy those little ones. Good thoughts are being sent your way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!