I am hosting a Hachette Book Giveaway, they are allowing me to giveaway 5 copies of I Loved, I Lost, I made Spaghetti by Giullia Melucci, a Memoir. I love reading foodie books and this definitely fits into that category and isn't that a great title?!
From failure to fusilli, this deliciously hilarious read tells the story of Giulia Melucci's fizzled romances and the mouth-watering recipes she used to seduce her men, smooth over the lumps, and console herself when the relationships flamed out.
From an affectionate alcoholic, to the classic New York City commitment-phobe, to a hipster aged past his sell date, and not one, but two novelists with Peter Pan complexes, Giulia has cooked for them all. She suffers each disappointment with resolute cheer (after a few tears) and a bowl of pastina (recipe included) and has lived to tell the tale so that other women may go out, hopefully with greater success, and if that's not possible, at least have something good to eat.
Peppered throughout Giulia's delightful and often poignant remembrances are fond recollections of her mother's cooking, the recipes she learned from her, and many she invented on her own inspired by the men in her life. Readers will howl at Giulia's boyfriend-littered past and swoon over her irresistable culinary creations.
I haven't read this book yet as it just arrived in my mailbox. I will be reading it soon and writing a review.
- For One Entry: Please leave a comment, let me know if you enjoy foodie books and why. Make sure that you include your email or that your email is in your blog profile. If I have no way of contacting you by email, your entry will automatically be withdrawn.
- For a Second Entry, In a SEPARATE comment: tell me that you have Blogged about this giveaway and share a link(posting in your sidebar is fine).
- For a Third Entry, In a SEPARATE comment: Tell me that you Follow My Blog or Subscribe in a Reader (let me know if you are already a follower or subscriber)
- This giveaway is ONLY open to U.S. and Canada.
- No P.O. Boxes, Giveaway copies will be sent directly to winners from Hachette.