Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Book Review: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer


Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
(The Twilight Series, Book 3)

Summary:As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob—knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

I've stuck with this series from the beginning starting with Twilight and enjoyed reading the first two books. This one, I had trouble with...the story dragged out for me and I think the story could have been told in less pages as some things seemed drawn out to me. I actually put the book down halfway through as the continual descriptions and details of the vampires lives started to bother me. I also was tiring of Bella's emotional meltdowns. I picked it up again about a month later and did finish it. I think it may have been my mood at the time..sometimes, I find myself tiring of a book or it is not holding my interest and later go back and don't feel the same. Personally, I am rooting for Jacob...he seems so much more real and authentic to me than Edward. I am probably in the minority here though as from what I've read, most people adore Edward! This series is addicting, even though I liked the first two books more I will definitely be reading the next book in the series Breaking Dawn.

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I've only read the first book (so far). I think it too could have used some editing but like you, I find the story addicting and look forward to continuing with the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I found myself cheering for Jacob, too! You're right, I think we're in the minority there. I enjoyed this a bit more than New Moon. But then, I read Eclipse in two days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bonnie, I did find all of the books a bit dragged out. I think come could have been cut out for sure-I skimmed over those kinds of parts. I know-naughty me.

    Like Mary though, I liked Eclipse better than New Moon-that one I found not as good.

    I'm in the minority too-I'm partial to Jacob. Breaking Dawn is next on my list after the one I'm reading right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing a comment!